Saturday 22 November 2014

A Bit of a Do

Thanks ever so much for all the wonderful support and comments on mine and Archie's little run the other weekend.

When this running lark started I had in the back of my mind that I definitely wanted to be in better shape by the time I was 40.

Well the weekend before last, just after Bonfire Night, I hit that landmark feeling so much better about all sorts things in life. 
I hadn't ever thought I'd have a party but once we thought about it, it seemed just the best thing to do. So we gathered together the loveliest bunch of family and friends at the Foxlowe Arts Centre in town, turned on the fairy lights, ate hearty food and let off fireworks and danced into the night.

What a fantastic time. I laughed and
and talked so much I went hoarse and only took a few quick snaps on my phone. 

It was so lovely to have everyone there who helped us to have such fun. I feel really lucky to be here, at 40, with a fantastic family and smashing friends. Life is very good so here's to the next decade! Xx

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Very many belated happy birthday wishes for your extra special day.
Lisa x

Claire/Just a little less said...

40 years young! Looks look like a great time was had by all xo

Alison said...

Wishing you a happy birthday Steph! x

lavender attic said...

Aw lovely Steph, glad you had a fab time x

**Anne** said...

Belated happy 40th birthday wishes to you Steph.
Anne xx

VeggieMummy said...

Many happy returns! I love the last photo - you look so beautiful and certainly nowhere near 40. x

Country Rabbit said...

happy birthday wishes dear steph, the most precious thing is the love a great family and good friends ~ love the 'race' post too~ smashing little boys x

driftwood said...

happy happy belated birthday x

Curlew Country said...

Oh Kazzy you're so right, it was quite an emotional feeling, sharing it with such lovely people.

Just loving all your autumnal photography btw, bet you're so cosier up in your lovely home xx

pat said...

Belated very happy birthday wishes! Pat xx

Louise said...

Sounds like a lovely evening. A belated Happy Birthday too you.

SandyshoesCornwall said...

You're looking great Steph, here's to the next adventure! Antonia x

Curlew Country said...

Oh bless you Antonia, thanks xx

helloitsgemma said...

occasions like this are perfect for counting your blessing - you seems to have come up trumps in the blessings department.
enjoy your 40's. X

Leanne said...

Happy birthday Steph! As a woman firmly in my forties, I can say on good authority that it isn't a bad place to be. There are so many good things about it, not least the fact that I never have to wonder whether those hot pants in Top Shop would suit me. I have invested in a good quality moisturiser though ;)))))
Leanne xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you Steph, belated birthday wishes and here's to a wonderful year ahead!

Christals Creations said...

What a lovely way to spend your birthday. :)