So, obviously nothing else for it than to lift my spirits with a trip to the charity shops in search of something pretty and joy - I found some.
- A beautiful Woods Ivory ware dish which my grandma had lots of in her china cabinet. Perfect for displaying painted eggs at Easter.
- Couldn't resist this pretty rosebud jug, so sweet and only £1.
My other treats are ebay wins which arrived today,
- Finally my own vintage copy of Willow Farm which I've been looking for a reasonable copy of and £5 seems like a bargain.
- A lovely free brooch which I got with something else, three roses made from modelling clay I think with quite an old clasp.
- Finally the odd, round bobbly thing is really the prettiest, plaster pink brooch. Made with tiny buttons and an odd, bumpy material I have no idea what it could be but it looks sweet and again seems quite old.
Sorry about the pictures, this camera is either hopeless or its me. Hmmmm...a poor workman and all that. Better keep quiet!
I've also bought a baaaaaaaad couple of things on ebay today - two Father Christmas postcards! I've got no defence at all, its still August for heaven's sake but they are lovely. Only £1 each and I was so worried I might miss them. Oh who am I kidding, I must be an elf!