Thursday 12 July 2007

I've got a thing about...

My husband really thinks my addiction has gone too far. At the last count there were at least 25 wicker baskets around the house. Is this bad? My defence is that I use them all and they were all bargains but he thinks I should see someone at the Priory!

My favourites are the vintage shopping baskets picked up at Leek Collectors Market for just a couple of pounds. I love the red handled version which is home to my little one's toys at the moment but eventually I'll use it to store my red and cream kitchen linens.


This little window box is really sweet and is perfect for displaying pot plants and herbs in the laundry which is very sunny and warm (if it stops raining long enough). Another special one is the Fortnum & Mason hamper I found in the Aladdin's cave that is the Oxfam shop on Fulwood Road in Sheffield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog whilst doing some research for Friends of the Peak District - looks like a lovely village!

We've just moved into Great Longstone - a village in the Peak District near Bakewell. It's fab and I work from home too! In fact, I've done enough work for 1 day, I'm off for a walk in the surrounding hills with my Border Terrier, Holly....

See you soon!

Mike Cummins
Let's Stay Peak District
www.peakdistrict-nationalpark.com