Friday 3 August 2007

Mothering moments


This post is a thank you to my lovely mum. We had a smashing day together with the boys yesterday in the lovely village of Alstonefield. Nothing more exotic than a potter around the village church (where somw of my ancestors married and are buried mum tells me), sandwiches and ball games on the village green then ice creams at Hulme End.



It was so peaceful, relaxing and really fun. Thanks Mum! I really enjoy sharing moments like these and watching my two little ones having such fun with grandma was wodnerful. Its only as you get older you get to know your parents as real people isn't and since having the boys its helped me get to know mum even better. Only now do I really understand how much of what makes me, me, is what has been passed on so generously. I'm probably embarrassing her to death here but who cares - love you lots mum!

With the sun shining and nothing more to do than just enjoy ourselves it was very precious and I'll have very fond memories of a lovely day for years to come.

No comments: